How to get here
- From Aurora Airport in Guatemala City: Monja Blanca bus line [phone: (502) 7251-1878] runs approximately every half hour (4am until 5pm) from Guatemala City to Coban. From Coban, use “Transportes Martinez” buses to go to Lanquin. Monja Blanca buses leave Guatemala City roughly ever half hour from 4am until 5pm. Travel time approximately 5 hours from the city to Coban, then another 2 hours from Coban to Lanquin.
- From Antigua: E-mail us and we will send a driver at your hotel door.
- From Flores: Buy a ticket to Lanquin from any of the numerous travel agencies. Buses leave at 8am and travel time is approximately 7 hours.
- From Rio Dulce: Go to the “Sun Dog Cafe”. The bus leaves at 1 PM and the travel time is approximately 5 hours.
- From Coban: Take any taxi to “Transportes Martinez.” The buses leave roughly once an hour from 4am until 5pm. Travel time approximately 2 hours.
- By car: When arriving from the direction of Coban, we are located just past the “Salida a Cahabon.” You will pass through the “main” part of town in Lanquin, cross a tiny bridge, climb a hill and then see our hostel on the left. When arriving from the direction of El Estor, we are located on the right before you arrive in the town of Lanquin, just up the hill from VR Gas Station.