How to get here
- From Aurora Airport in Guatemala City: Monja Blanca bus line [phone: (502) 7251-1878] runs approximately every half hour (4am until 5pm) from Guatemala City to Cobán. From Cobán, use “Transportes Martinez” buses to go to Lanquín. Monja Blanca buses leave Guatemala City roughly ever half hour from 4am until 5pm. Travel time approximately 5 hours from the city to Coban, then another 2 hours from Coban to Lanquin.
- From Antigua: Buy a ticket to Lanquín from any of the numerous travel agencies. Shuttles leave at 8am and travel time is approximately 8-9 hours.
- From Flores: Buy a ticket to Lanquín from any of the numerous travel agencies. Shuttles leave at 8am and travel time is approximately 7 hours.
- From Rio Dulce: Go to the “Sun Dog Cafe”. The shuttle leaves at 1 PM and the travel time is approximately 5 hours.
- From Cobán: The most reliable option is to contact the shuttle service Cobán Travels (5775 8090), they can pick you up at the Mac Donald’s in Plaza Magdalena on their way to Lanquín (they’re coming from Antigua). Another option, but not so safe or reliable: Take any taxi to “Transportes Martinez.” The buses leave roughly once an hour from 4am until 5pm. Travel time approximately 2 hours.
- By car: When arriving from the direction of Cobán, we are located just past the “Salida a Cahabón.” You will pass through the “main” part of town in Lanquín, cross a tiny bridge, climb a hill and then see our hostel on the left. When arriving from the direction of El Estor, we are located on the right before you arrive in the town of Lanquín, just up the hill from VR Gas Station.